Tech Tuesday {April 28, 2015}

Woohoo! I was proud of myself for successfully linking up with Marie from Once Upon a Classroom, so I am going to do it again this week! 



Today I am going to talk about a new app I recently found for our classroom iPads. I seriously don't know what I did before I had some classroom iPads! They are so awesome! 

The app today is called  Sight Words Ninja. The best part about it is that it's FREE!!! (Teacher's can NOT pass up free goodies!) I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Fruit Ninja (one of the most addicting games ever!), but this game is A LOT like it. Plus, you get to see these cute little ninjas - what kid doesn't love that?!


The app will call out a word to the player. Once the player has heard the word, they have to swipe their finger through it to slice it in half. After they have mastered that word, the app will call out another common sight word. I think this is probably geared more towards a kindergarten or 1st grade classroom, but my kiddos loved it all the same!



Be sure to check out Marie's adorable Mother's Day Tech Tuesday! She is great! Happy Tuesday friends!!

2 comments

  1. This looks like so much fun. I will definitely pass this along to my K-1 teachers. Thanks for sharing!
    www.erintegration.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brogan! Thank you so much for linking up again. :) I have not heard of this and will definitely look into it for some of my struggling readers at the beginning of the year next year. I love that it's free, and it looks so engaging!
    Marie
    Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tales

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.